Laboratory of X-ray micro and nano computed tomography of Materials Characterization and Advanced Coatings research group is a part of the Advanced Nanotechnologies and Microtechnologies research program in the Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC) at Brno University of Technology.
The development of µCT techniques in the research group started in 2005 with the co-operation with synchrotron Elettra, Trieste, Italy. The µCT lab is equipped with state of the art µCT stations GE v|tome|x L 240 and Rigaku nano3DX (available from October, 2014) is in full operation since September, 2012.
Beside use of these non-destructive imaging techniques for 3D analyses will our lab focus on combination of micro- and nanoradiography and μCT, nanoCT techniques with other analytical approaches, e.g. with Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) for high-resolution elemental mapping.
Main industrial and scientific cooperating partners
- General Electric (Germany)
- Rigaku (Japan)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Czech Republic)
- X-RAYLAB (Germany)
- Elettra Synchrotron (Italy)
- Czech Metrology Institute (Czech Republic)
- Karolinska Institutet (Sweden)
- Institut Pasteur (France)
- Medical University of Vienna (Austria)
- The Czech Academy of Sciences
- Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic)
- AdMaS (Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies) centre, Faculty of Civil Engineering at Brno University of Technology (Czech Republic)