Thermo Fisher Scientific Avizo training
From 27th to 29th of January 2020, our students Adam Břínek, Jan Matula, Jakub Lázňovský and Markéta Boudová attended a training for software Thermo Fisher Scientific Avizo. During this intensive 3-day course held in the Zuse Institute Berlin they were taught how to use this advanced software for analysis and visualization of image data.
The main points of the training were:
- Basic introduction to the Avizo software and user interface;
- Segmentation of volumetric images;
- Surface creation and manipulation;
- Automation of analysis procedures and scripting in Avizo;
- Measurements in Avizo;
- Visualization and animation in Avizo.
A special attention was given to the interconnection between Avizo and the programming language Python. The knowledge acquired during this training will further enhance our capability for dealing with large datasets produced by our CT machines and help us provide more advanced analysis results.